How are Pervasive Developmental Disorders Treated?
- How is Pervasive Developmental Disorder Diagnosed?
- How is Pervasive Developmental Disorder Treated?
- Occupational Therapy for Pervasive Developmental Disorder
- Speech and Language Therapy for Pervasive Developmental Disorder
- Physiotherapy for Pervasive Developmental Disorder
- Why Us?
Individuals with Pervasive Developmental Disorders have a range of symptoms and abilities, and therefore any treatment will depend on the individual and what problems they are experiencing.
There are no specific cures or one treatment that will be used to treat Pervasive Developmental Disorders. The aim of any treatment is to provide the individual and their families with assistance and strategies to allow them to manage on a daily basis.
The ideal treatment for a Pervasive Developmental Disorder would involve a multidisciplinary approach where different health professions would work closely with one another, ensuring that common goals and appropriate intervention plans are developed.
A range of health professionals will be involved in the care of individuals with Pervasive Developmental Disorder, and can be highly beneficial in supporting and improving areas of difficulty. Professionals commonly involved in treating individuals with Pervasive Developmental Disorders include:
The outlook for each child with a Pervasive