Speech and Language Therapy for Pervasive Developmental Disorder-Not Otherwise Specified (PDD-NOS)
- How is Pervasive Developmental Disorder Diagnosed?
- How is Pervasive Developmental Disorder Treated?
- Occupational Therapy for Pervasive Developmental Disorder
- Speech and Language Therapy for Pervasive Developmental Disorder
- Physiotherapy for Pervasive Developmental Disorder
- Why Us?
Speech, language and communication difficulties are some of the main difficulties experienced by individuals with PDD-NOS. Speech and language therapy isa key intervention for individuals with PDD-NOS in supporting, developing and improving any speech, language or communication problems.
Individuals with PPD-NOS may experience impairments in their verbal andnon-verbal communication skills as well as difficulties in social interaction. Each individual will vary with regards to the level of impairment; ranging from mild to severe. Some individuals may also have difficulties making eye contact, using facial expressions and gestures. Other problems that may also be experienced include difficulties understanding the meaning of words and sentences, intonation problems, and difficulty initiating and maintaining a conversation.
Speech and language therapists play a key role in the evaluation and management of individuals with PPD-NOS as they can provide interventi